Double U

Double U

double-u-20110212-3838

It’s been a bit since I last posted a photo. I’ve been a bit occupied reconfiguring some computers in my basement relating to remote access and backups. Trying to save a little money on the electric bill! But I did find time to make my way to New York City this past Saturday! Took a hundred or so pictures in Times Square and that’s where the above photo was taken, which is not exactly the most obvious Times Square picture one could find! 🙂 But I think it looks neat how the ‘W’ is popping off the background.

15 Responses to Double U

1. sherri says:

Love the title:-) The vivid color really pops.

2. fabrizio says:

very interesting result, perfect sharpness and closeup

3. Pau Blasi says:

I love this color mix: black, white and red. My home is decorated this way 🙂 Great close effect!

4. Very cool shot–love the illuminated red. I’m jealous of your NYC excursion. It’s been far too long. My wife keeps reminding me I haven’t taken her back home in a dog’s age.

• d.k.sutton says:

Thanks Chris! Personally I’m making up for a long period of time between visits. I’ve been to NYC 3 times in the past 6 months but prior to that I had not been there since the 90s (only driven by)! And that’s kind of pathetic given it’s only a 2.5 hour drive from where I live! 🙂

Saw a Broadway show this past Saturday… Million Dollar Quartet

5. Pingback: Road Less Traveled

6. george says:

Wonder what the “w” stands for? Regardless a wicked observation.

• d.k.sutton says:

Thanks! I don’t know what it stands for specifically (if it stands for anything at all) but it’s the spinning W sign of the W Hotel in Times Square. I looked them up and they are a small chain of boutique hotels.

7. Kevin P. says:

Very graphic composition ! Great processing ! Well done !

8. Céline says: